The following terms apply:
- “Owner” shall mean Airhouses (M.W. and C.A. Houghton)
- “Customer” shall mean the person who made the booking
- “Tenants” shall mean the people in the Customer’s party
When you submit a booking via our online booking system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your deposit payment has cleared and your booking is confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent by post or email.
The Customer agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Terms and Conditions are adhered to by ALL members of the party.
- The number of people occupying the premises during the day or overnight shall not exceed the number stated on the booking form. Breach of this rule will terminate the contract without recompense to the Customer.
- The maximum per property at any one time during the day or overnight is 2
- The Customer and Tenants agree to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
- Owner has the right to enter the property at any reasonable time for the purpose of inspection or repair work.
- The Rowan Pod and BBQ hut are totally non smoking. If there is any sign of smoking we reserve the right to charge £250 for additional cleaning.
- Dorset Charcola is provided for the BBQ hut and in the interests of safety it is requested that nothing else is used on the BBQ.
- The Customer shall undertake to prevent any member of his/her party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to other residents, neighbouring occupiers or farm livestock. We reserve the right to terminate the visit of any person whose conduct is detrimental to the comfort of others, without recompense to the Customer.
- NO music to be played outside at any time
- Please ensure that doors/windows are shut if playing music inside loudly.
- Please be aware that sound carries particularly after dusk.
- The Customer undertakes to leave the premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
- The Customer undertakes to relieve the Owner of any liability for damage or injury, however caused, by any member of his/her party.
- The Owner cannot accept responsibility for the failure of services such as gas, water, electricity, sewerage systems, breakdown of domestic equipment, mechanical equipment, Wi-Fi, hot tub etc. However, everything will be done to arrange prompt repairs or replacements.
- The Owner, his agents or employees accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Customer’s party of their property, howsoever caused, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
- The Customer and Tenants agree to respect and look after the accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy.
In the following instances there may be additional charges:
- For breakages, loss or damage – the Customer should report any deficiency which they notice on arrival, and any which occurs during their stay. Where appropriate the Customer will be liable to pay the replacement cost of the item.
- When Customer/Tenants leave the pod, furniture, bbq or equipment dirty. The Pod, BBQhut and Hot tub will be in a clean condition on your arrival and it must be left in a like condition. The right is reserved to make a charge for additional cleaning if the property has not been left clean and tidy.
Fees for Reservation
Deposit – your booking will be confirmed following receipt of the relevant deposit. The deposit of 30% is payable on booking and forms part of the total rate for the property.
The balance is due not less than 60 days before the arrival date
Payment may be by debit card, credit card or BACS.
Our cancellation terms are as follows:
- The deposit once paid is non-refundable, regardless of circumstances and the dates cannot be moved. We strongly recommend taking out Holiday Insurance.
- Once the balance is paid this will be refunded, or part refunded, if the property can be re-let.
The Owner has taken every care to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions and all information is provided in good faith and believed to be correct. In the event that any individual term or clause stated in this Contract is not permissible by law, the remainder of the Contract shall remain valid. This Contract is governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
To do our very best to ensure your holiday is everything you could wish it to be!
Martin and Carol Houghton
Airhouses, Lauder, TD2 6PX
Tel: 01578 750642